These interim rules, effective 2020-12-31, apply to all server media, be it a creation of your own or of others that you distribute, including your own builds, uses of in-game features for content delivery, in-game chat, out-of-game chat, community discussion boards, comments, Discord messages and channels, and all other social features, inclusive of those facilitating discussion between individual players or groups of players like direct messaging.
Looking for server-specific rules?
The server is a place where everyone can enjoy themselves. Keep others in mind when you do or say something, and avoid behavior that would make another player feel uncomfortable, unwelcome, or unhappy.
- Be civil. Remember not to attack people with your language, and keep it clean of words that do, or are meant to, be harassing, hateful, inflammatory, distressing, or flaming. For the avoidance of all doubt, discrimination or hate-based language includes harmful words and actions based on protected classes as defined at Title 42 of the United States Code, section 2000e-2(a), commonly known as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Be mindful. Choose words with wisdom. Please do not use random or ubiquitous profanity, or use it for causing others insult or distress.
- Be safe. Do not threaten other players or the service.
- Be not NC-17 rated. The server is not a dating site nor a radicalization incubator. Do not create or distribute content that is obscene or indecent, or depicts conduct that is, including content that promotes violence or felonious activity. For the avoidance of all doubt, indecency and obscenity include the definitions at Title 18 of the United States Code, section 1461.
This server is based on a sense of community where everyone can play together. Please respect one another’s time and builds. Unless otherwise indicated in a world’s specific rules, or you are given permission by the impacted players, the following rules apply.
- No griefing. Do not edit in the vicinity of another player’s build in a way designed to make another player’s build unusable, inaccessible, or aesthetically degraded.
- No unapproved edits. Do not edit another player’s build unless the player gives permission first.
- No theft. Do not take the items of another player unless the player gives permission first.
Respect the Service.
This server is provided free of charge to you and is run on a volunteer basis.
- Don’t spam. Try to keep instant messages at least two seconds apart, general posts a minute apart, and all messages a reasonable time apart, and refrain from posting the same message repeatedly or using capital letters excessively.
- Don’t advertise. Do not, without good faith, mention external goods or services in a way designed to divert traffic to, or financially benefit, those goods or services.
- Don’t deny service. Do not create or distribute content in a manner designed to deny or hinder service, including building “lag machines.” Do not engage in any sort of “denial of service” behavior. (For an interesting article on what causes lag, please see this link.)
Gaining an advantage that others cannot get normally in the game is unfair and prohibited. Do not use software, scripts, modifications, code injection, resource loading (including denial of service attacks) or similar methods to interfere with the intended operations and gameplay of any server resource, including any restrictions or limitations placed or configured by the service. Do not knowingly circumvent those restrictions or limitations, including by using alternative network resources, evading bans, or multiple accounts (when used to interfere with operations or mechanics).
We do allow vanilla exploits unless they give you materials you are not supposed to have; however, exploiting any non-vanilla features, including our plugins, is prohibited.
- In-game exceptions. Modifications that solely improve game-play without modifying the mechanics of the game are allowed. These include modifications for client performance like Optifine, minimaps (provided they don’t reveal parts of the environment you cannot normally see), aesthetic modifications, inventory management, recording, HUDs (again, as long as the information is otherwise available in an unmodified client), and macros.
- In-game prohibitions. Examples of prohibited modifications include speed mods (Nuker, Fast Break, Fast Mine), fly mods, item spawning mods, and other malicious mods.
Be you (and only you)
It’s okay to share with others – it’s not okay to take from others, including who they are. Impersonating another player, including faking authority you don’t have, or releasing their personal data without their consent is unkind, fraught, and, in some jurisdictions, illegal. Don’t do it.
Staffing and interpretation
Server staff are not allowed to circumvent these rules themselves or to use special permissions above and beyond what they would receive as ordinary users, except and only as minimally necessary to carry out their duties, including moderating the community, improving the service, and building or repairing community items or functions.
The server team prefers to keep everyone on notice of what is and isn’t allowed through these global rules and world-specific policies, but these rules cannot cover every situation. If a situation is affecting player enjoyment, temporary rules may be enacted by server staff without notice, and staff are empowered to interpret these rules as necessary to preserve the server environment. If you feel this power is abused, please feel free to contact us.